Thursday, June 30, 2011

Simple Summer Salad

Hello Fun People.


Google sure has changed a lot in the past few days. Everything looks different! Discuss.


After you've worked up an appetite from discussing Google, you can make this salad.






Simple Summer Salad
or: the Lazy Lady's Dinner Solution
OR: I don't feel like cooking so I'll just throw this in a bowl

1 can of italian white beans 
      (or, if you're like me, "fagioooli biaaanchi!" said in a ludicrous Italian accent)
2 delicious ripe tomatoes, diced & seeds removed 
      (or 3! or none. It depends how much you like tomatoes.)
1 can of tuna packed in oil
      The oil part is important here. It adds a lot of flavor, and you
      won't need to add oil later for dressing!
1 red pepper, diced
      This added a very important, fresh little zing to the salad. I 
      highly recommend. If you don't like peppers, you could try
      diced red onion. 
Arugula
      I didn’t have any of this in my salad, but I wish I did! It would
      have taken it to another level.
some chopped cilantro
some basil

Put everything in a bowl, mix. Ideally you’ll use the fork you plan to eat with.

No comments:

Post a Comment