Sunday, June 12, 2011

Back from Alaska

Hello friends! I know my absence last week created a deeply distressing void in the internet, and I hope you all were able to find at least one interesting procrastination tool without the aid of my HUGELY POPULAR blog.






You see, I was on an intrepid Alaskan sea voyage with Mumsy (a.k.a....a 7-day Celebrity cruise.) 


This is Hoonah. People live here! There are whales in that water. Oh, there are whales.


We departed from Vancouver and visited Hoonah, an adorably remote fishing village whose high school had a graduation class of 4 this year, the lovely Juneau, and Ketchikan, which, aside from its beauty, may be the most depressing city in America besides Hartford, CT. We learned the same 5 facts about Alaska and its flora and fauna from a variety of tour guides, saw some majestic whales, ate some delicious fresh salmon, and slowly gained weight. 


The Mendenhall Glacier in Juneau


I'll go into more detail in later posts. For now, I must leave my house because my dirty laundry is staring accusingly at me and San Francisco is calling my name. 


Next on the blog! My mother dresses up as Voldemort and paddles a canoe, I ride the longest zipline in the world!, and we learn all about glaciers. As they say in old Alaska: come for the zipline, stay for the glacier facts.

No comments:

Post a Comment